Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Dead Wait


We drag the corpses
they attached us to
bloated with grease
thru broken streets
and boiling seas
Waiting for the calendar
to catch up to us
so they may pronounce
an official cause and time
of death, despite
the fact that we
were long since deceased
birth is an ending
to former lives
dying is not optional,
dying young is
We could save ourselves
so much ache and pain
we could cleanse the
palate of this distaste
the flavor of failing
haunts every bite I take
I am never full due
to my inability to finish
a full meal
choking would be preferable
to swallowing poisonous
rupturing rapture
then maybe my clock
could tock the glorious
moment where demise prevails
and finally
finally I can stop dragging
bones and dead weight
burdened no longer now that
timeline is voided and
I happily shake hands with 
the Grim Reaper

No comments:

Post a Comment