Everybody sleep
Awake in the a.m.
but don't speak
Jus eat
Doubt not
for we consume the
weak, and
as with the week
gone before a blink
Leaves changing
She's changing
and he is in
the waiting area,
same outfit on
Buckets of rain
build up
too heavy to empty
we jus let them
runneth over
We will never see
a miracle
We will be lucky
to see a mirage
And I can never tell
if my head is above the sea
or slightly below surface
I'm always breathing
water
my lungs will
never clear
Dampness in my walls
has lead to early on
set rot
molding and crumbling
constant irritants in the air
cigarettes my only filtration
dehumidify my heart
so my eyes may finally clear
Screaming at walls
well, it got me nothing
til I saw only blood red
dripping like the moon
we can never catch
a star, try is fail
shame of life
I'd like to burn up
with a handful
of the heavens
immolate to vapors,
extracting my essence
making a sense
of permanence
and allow my former
to exist on and on
But instead
I must wait
and decay like
all the rest
I am not special
I am not meant to be
a cosmic entity
I don't play the role
of eternal light speed
I didn't even get
a call back
So I wait with
my race, sad and
confused and lonely
All jus holding on hope
for a crystal ship
and true ascension
these crutch dreams
are nice and all
but still we are
failing,
falling to piece
with age and ravage
Major Tom never returned
we had to become something else
We are not interstellar,
particles of light fractions
We are living flaws of biology
nature's animals fractured
We all want to be
Supernovas when
we aren't even dead stars
most of us never
even fully live
esp not to potential
Maybe once I believed
in our ability to
become celestial
but I no longer dream
it never did any favors
Now I'm one of the others
Slightly evolved
typical animals,
melting pieces in the
sunlight
shredding apart every
nightfall,
all of us waiting for the Big Sleep
floating aimless,
We're all so very tired

No comments:
Post a Comment