Taking the train at 7am
maked me laugh
All these early morning
commuters, looking so
unhappy
Its the start of their
workday, they've barely
been awake
Meanwhile I'm
on my way
back home,
ready for bed
and hoping for sleep
My night is over,
they all jus got dressed
We both have
the same tired in
our eyes
same look of lost,
jus set apart
by the brain's
perception of time
my Post Meridian
while the sun's up
There are times
I find myself
curious if any of
these day jobbers
can sense I'm not
one of them?
Do they know
I'm still awake?
sure I nod a lil
but
so don't some of them
Do I give off
a vibe or look
a certain way?
a particular brightness
in my face,
one they can
no longer have?
At least a few
must notice
this difference
Someone sees it
and they hate it
they resent me
Cuz they are
slowly commuting
to their work and schools,
their 9-5s looming
on the quickly
brightening horizon
They know no escape,
all attempts
are futile and insufficient
so they hate
all that isn't them
I am not one of them
and they are aware
of this fact
the spite is almost
palpable in the air
and it's aimed at me
Cuz it' the early morning commute
and I'm going to bed

No comments:
Post a Comment