like beer and cigarettes
and pancakes that
we made at 4 am
at least I think
I'm can't quite recall
the end of the night,
but I know how
it all began
sniffing blues away
drinking thru my pain
and I need to find
a different song
one that fits the mood
all my fav people
are in attendance
except maybe one
or two, so tonight
I'm not dancing alone
instead I'm
like no one's watching
plus I'm confident
tomorrow I won't
remember
I can't stand myself
but I love all of you
in this moment,
this time
and this song
we all sing along to
is so perfect
so you pack a bowl
I'll get another drink
maybe piss in the bush
we've been steadily
killing all summer
trashy and teenaged
except we
are far too old
but we don't have
to act it tonight
let's jus keep
drinking, smoking, moving
to a better beat
one that's our own
searching the dial
again and again
and again
til I get it jus right
I wish I had known
that these were
the glory days
we never felt
the air rush out,
tho deep down
we knew it was
an inevitability
nothing bronze can stay
life has changed
too much now
all this distance hurts
and I'm still stuck
remembering a time
when I dared
to try and
touch the sun
and while it ultimately
was a failure,
at least we got
high enough to try
CCH I LOVE Y'ALL ALWAYS

No comments:
Post a Comment