Saturday, December 2, 2017

thru the Golden

once upon a time
or maybe it was never
my mind is an
unreliable narrator
I can't always trust
there seems a space
some small schism
I need you to
shed some light
Was it all a dream or
do you recall a place
where our hearts pumped
the deepest red blood and
oxygen was intoxicating,
its purity almost palpable?
flavor reminiscent of a
sweetness that was once
the most desirable of sensations
one that faded taste buds almost,
but not quite, recognize
you can't remember the origin
you jus know it was
a moment of perfection
and you always will yearn
to feel it on your tongue again
tho it may be unhealthy
and definitely unwise,
something you know better
than to indulge in,
the craving remains
it is the taste of
burning wanton bliss,
unadulterated adoration
and once you've had
it, you'll always want
a second bite
my mouth may
have an insincere impression
filtered thru the Golden
and there was always
a tarnish on my palate
it's possible that I
want so much to believe
that I'm polishing blemishes
so I only see deluded shine
did I make it all up
in my head,
some pretty lie to fill the void?
could such a place have
ever existed, and if so
why would we ever leave?
would the sugariness
we savored still remain?
a rose by another name
I'm not sure I'll ever get
clarification
to these questions
it may not even be
possible to answer
and I don't know
if I really need one
perhaps it's better left
filtered thru the Golden



No comments:

Post a Comment