Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Genesee County

There's a place
I never wanted to be
that contains the
One who makes my
heart beat fast
she is the wish
I never knew I had
she is the desire
the crux of existing
for if not her,
why should I
care to carry on?
nothing makes me happy
yet she found a way
seemingly effortless
I feel I've been blind
searching so long
since our last life
together ended
we woke up in
this strange terrain
with an unquenchable ache
and a sense of longing
memories wiped away
but there were still
streaks and fingerprints
on the glass
traces and fragments
and I knew there was
something better,
something more
But it was only
in the depths of this
incredible low,
once I had given up
ready to give in
that she found me
pulling me from the plunge
I was about to take
it is her that showed me
wat I can't see alone
I cherish her sweet heart
she is the omega
she is the sun
that pokes thru storm clouds
the only bright I can see
it's not easy
it never will be
but anything worthwhile
is always a challenge
I will fight for my love
against myself and the world
til I can show that
I am worthy of her
she is my Galaxy
my Solar System
and every dimension therein
when this life is over
we begin anew
and I pray to find her
quicker next time
because I will never
stop looking
lay me down to sleep
I'm flying to the moon again
dreaming about Michigan
and the beauty it contains




No comments:

Post a Comment