Saturday, December 13, 2014

Ibprofound

Throbbing of
night spent drinking
I burn alive
inside
with sickness
but it's my own
fault
so many faults?
Sometimes I wonder
if this is real life
cuz I feel
the fantasy should be better
so we imbibe
we try
to perservere
so we get numb
blowing smoking rings
and twist off caps
the glory days are
behind us now
where were you
when you realized
your moment had passed?
maybe you haven't realized
yet...
but you will
and it will hurt
so you drown
drown in it
and drown yourself
the bottle calls
the pipe beacons you
fill 'er up
drink it down
it's your medicine now
first aid kit
take the train to
Vomit City
and enjoy the ride
friended or alone
it's how we live now
now that we're old
sleepless insomniac nights
made possible thru liquids
then you burn down the house
and wonder where
to lie down
something spinning
something's changed
inside you
submerge it, burn it
waste away idle time
you never know how
much you got


No comments:

Post a Comment