Friday, December 5, 2014

Is there anyone left in the World tonight?

shimmering
streetlights are my
only companions tonight
as I voyage
bland, forgettable
streets
leaves rustle
over childrens' chalk drawings
that now seem
long forgotten
Forgotten is how
I feel
wandering the vastness
my medium-paced
beating heart is
the soundtrack to my
loneliness
no man is
an island, yet
I feel almost
shipwrecked
I am adrift
in this sea of
suburban concrete
my shoes are the piece
of debris I cling to,
they keep me moving along
when I jus wanna drown
all this silence
is strange
I never thought I'd miss
Human Noise
but for this
moment,
I do
there's no chaos
there's no clamouring
there's no rats racing
there's no
nothing,
jus nothingness
it all feels so
infinte
and still I'm
on the edge
does that make me edgy?
it's not so much
a nervousness,
more of an uncertainty
it's never like this
here, it's
not supposed to be
I never should've
wished this
I did it
to myself
prices are paid
when dreams are made
and now I feel haunted
there is a weight,
not of regret,
nor of sadness
it's the crushing weight
of emptiness
the knowledge
and the knowing
that you
are amazingly alone,
terrified space
is wat you
call "home" now,
it's your world now
so do as you please,
do all that you wished
until it kills you
Was it
worth it?
Is this happiness?
you won't kno
there's no set standard
anymore
jus the silence,
jus the loss of being lost
the fact of your
self-inflicted exhile
is pushing down on
your heart
Do you think they
will miss you
you wanted to be
Tom Sawyer
but now,
you're jus Robinsoe Crusoe


No comments:

Post a Comment