Darling,
sleep the sleep
of infants
serenity will find you
all you imagine
you dream
a rich tapestry
of sublime
unconscious desires
this fuels your waking life
helps you thrive
I see it make you stronger
so I must take it
I want the light
in your wide open eyes
I want the gift of rest,
to know a world of dreaming
to live on that side,
however fleeting,
is worth this cost
this violation
sometimes innocence is lost
sometimes it dies
but all that matters
is my base primal desires,
an almost animal need
the hunt turns feeding time
and it will equal sleep
slumber is my reward
for my time, my effort,
my love
pure red-blooded emotion
we only hurt
the ones we love
and Darling,
I love you the most
you're so well-rested and pretty
you look good in blue
red drips over your white skin
it's my American Dream
we shall be together forever,
entwined and connected
my sleep shows your dreams
we shall breathe and live
the same
we are one when
your soul has been consumed
like a midnight snack
I'm so very hungry
and so very tired
go to sleep Darling
and let me rest
No comments:
Post a Comment