Monday, April 29, 2019

Nicotine for a Dream

Exhale cigarete towards
pale blue skies
helping to let the
sun also rise
another day of bad habits
is about to break
but I'm not trying to quit it
cuz it's my sanity's keepsake
my lighter shakes
from my hands unsteady
rising dawn is coming on
not really sure I'm ready
sunlight brings the shine
another day of pretend
play like "I'm ok, it's fine"
pain in my chest
like pain in my lung
not from smoking
it's from knowing I
can't ever have someone
my condition is affliction
of soul painted death
I cant breathe when
I think that she's...
jus exhausting chemical breath
soggy cereal and
morning news lies
and me stuck wondering
all the worst why
especially why i bother
opening my eyes
there is no joy
only "boys don't cry"
but this is no cure
to survive
tired of being a dry
Crybaby
and I'm so fucking tired
of riding myself crazy
jus want my bed
Rest the head, be lazy
Instead I'm living dead
acting as if shit
don't phase me
I'm in a waiting room-
no Fugazi

No comments:

Post a Comment