Wednesday, March 27, 2019

TrueLoveBurnsUsAlive

Infernal delight
like a scarlet letter
now it is forever, eternal
like the flame in my
chest that burns deep
within me, the smoke swirls
spelling out your name
dancing across a grave
one foot edging close
Initals carved into
an old oak tree
down in a secret grove
a circle of salt around
our island and a hex
on this town
caught up in sacrilege
I am caught as a sacrifice
an effigy to suffice
and feed the bloodlusting
prisoner of puritania
caged and starved
of my one wonderful
I can hear your soft
and sweet whispers
moans special to me
for our sake, to keep you safe
I enter a guilty plea
I am bared like a tomb
a spectacle and testament
to how far the will of man
will really truly hold
when the ropes
become chains, assuredly
leading to certain doom
Bewitched and now
I am the one literally burning
for you, for us, at the stake
but I don't fret or break sweat
I welcome the pain
I'll die with your secrets silent
never won't utter a word, my darling
they got it all wrong
the torches lit, kerosene soaking
I shall try not scream
for all that could come out
is your name, and all this
sad death would be in vain
I love you pure, bound in
soul and spirit
wait for me in the woods
my skeleton will appear

No comments:

Post a Comment